Saturdays are for pijamas, messy hair and baking sessions!…at least in our house:)
Today, we bring you the very first recipe of My Baking Journal: Christmas Madaleines…or simply madaleines 🙂
- 200gr of sugar
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 orange zest
- lemon aroma
- 4 eggs
- 200gr of butter
- 200gr of flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- Mix sugar with the lemon and orange zest
- Add the eggs, butter and lemon aroma and beat until the mixture is uniform.
- Slowly add the flour and the baking powder.
- Grease a pan of your choice. We picked a christmas themed pan. And put it in the oven.
- Now wait and the EAT!
- Since the eyes are the first to eat, decorated it a bit or powder it with some sugar.
- Serve it with a warm cup of hot chocolate or tea and Enjoy!